An calculated 36.6 million Hispanics of Mexican origin lived in the usa in 2017, relating to a Pew Research Center analysis associated with U.S. Census Bureau’s United states Community Survey. Mexicans in this profile that is statistical individuals who self-identified as Hispanics of Mexican beginning; this consists of immigrants from Mexico and the ones whom trace their family ancestry to Mexico.
Mexicans will be the population that is largest of Hispanic beginning staying in the usa, accounting for 62% of this U.S. Hispanic population in 2017. Since 2000, the Mexican-origin population has increased 76%, growing from 20.9 million to 36.6 million within the duration. At precisely the same time, the Mexican foreign-born population located in the U.S. Expanded by 29%, from 8.7 million in 2000 to 11.2 million in 2017.
Mexican-origin population into the U.S., 2000-2017
|Foreign born||U.S. Born|
Pew Analysis Center
Listed here key points compare demographic and financial traits associated with the population that is mexican-origin the U.S. Using the traits of U.S. Hispanics and also the U.S. Populace overall. It’s centered on Pew Research Center tabulations associated with 2017 United states Community Survey. Key points consist of:
- Among Hispanics when you look at the U.S., about 33% are international created, in contrast to 31per cent of U.S. Mexicans.
- About 50% of foreign-born Mexicans will be in the U.S. For over twenty years, and 31% of foreign-born Mexicans are U.S. Residents.
- About 16% of U.S. Hispanics ages 25 and older have developed at the very least a bachelor’s level, in contrast to 12per cent of Mexicans.
- Among Mexicans many years 25 and older, the U.S. Born are far more most most likely compared to the born that is foreign have bachelor’s level or maybe more (17% vs. 7%).
- Among U.S. Hispanics and Mexicans, the median yearly personal profits for those of you many years 16 and older ended up being $25,000.
- Taking a look at full-time, year-round employees, U.S. Hispanics received $34,000, while Mexicans attained $32,000.
- The share of U.S. Hispanics whom reside in poverty is 19%, in contrast to 20% for Mexicans.
- About 20% of U.S. -born Mexicans reside in poverty, since do 19% of foreign-born Mexicans.
- The price of homeownership among U.S. Hispanics is 47%, weighed against 50% for Mexicans.
- Among Mexicans in the U.S., prices of homeownership are 52% for the U.S. Born and 48% for foreign born.
Top states of residence
- The Mexican populace is concentrated in Ca (35%), Texas (26%) and Arizona (5%).
- The median age of U.S. pornhub Hispanics (29) is comparable to that of Mexicans (27) and less than compared to the U.S. Populace (38).
- U.S. Hispanics many years 18 and older less inclined to be married (46%) than Mexicans (48%).
- Among Mexicans many years 18 and older, those people who are international created are more inclined to be hitched than U.S. -born Mexicans (61% vs. 37%).
- Some 7% of U.S. Women that are hispanic 15 to 44 gave delivery when you look at the one year before the July 2017 United states Community Survey. That has been just like the rate for Mexican females (7%).
- About 70% of U.S. Hispanics many years 5 and older talk just English in the home or talk English at the least “very well, ” contrasted with 71% of Mexicans.
- Likewise, 64% of Hispanic adults are English proficient, since are 65% of Mexican grownups.
Down load the information
Other U.S. Hispanic reality sheets
- Facts on U.S. Latinos
- Origin fact that is group-specific: